
6/2/2007
After weeks of preparation, Diane and Ann pulled together a perfect shower...PINK! :) (And Chuck, don't worry, you won't go unnoticed for your unparalleled cooking skills) From the decorations to the games, it was perfectly planned. You walked into a big sign that says IT'S A GIRL!! (Because that's what I am having in case this is the first time someone has tuned into the blog) From there, the house was filled with pink flowers, a white bassinet with pink bedding (for Grandma/Grandpa's house), and the food...oh the food! :) They were great at not having any CHICKEN!! It was amazing we had a fruit platter filled with my favorite, MANGO, mini sandwiches some filled with cucumber, some with salmon, we had cheese and grapes, foccacia sandi's, and MY FAVORITE OF ALL...CHOCOLATE FOUNTAIN!! It took everything I had not to eat everything dipped in chocolate. Yah, that's right, I would have dipped the cucumber sandwiches in there if the guests didn't become grossed out. the candies around the house were all pink... and delicious!
Everyone showed up right at 2:00 and the party began. We started off with a few games. The first one is what I like to call, "Guess How Fat Preggers Is." Everyone had to cut off a piece of string guessing how big my tummy was... and to all of you who attended and picked a mile long string... damn you! :) The only person that came up with a string shorter than my ever expanding belly was Sue! Thank you Sue for making a chubby pregnant lady feel good for a few more days. But the winner of them all was my Unofficial Big Sis, Andrea. You always knew me best!
From there we began to play "Guess what's in the diaper" "Baby Food Game." This was HILARIOUS! Watching a room of women open up sticky diapers that have an unidentified chocolate bar melted in them always brings laughs. You'd think Ann and Diane actually put poo in there. When the girls opened them up to smell them their faces became sour, now if they knew that inside that diaper was their favorite choco treat, maybe it would have been different. The sheer idea of opening a diaper and sniffing to guess what's inside is a little scary! After 7 diaper surprises, we moved on to the baby food game. 4 containers of baby food which ranged in color adorned a plate. Ann and Diane walked around letting everyone taste them to figure out what they were. Now, I'm not going to lie, some of them tasted...well, good! I believe it was the Prun/Apple mixture that caught my ever changing taste buds. Now, the sweet potato goo and pea's...not so much my favorite. If you ever wondered why babies make those strange faces when eating solid foods...well try these things, they are sick! But after sniffing and tasting foods and chocolate bars poopy, Sue came up with the big win!!
Once the games were over I was placed on my baby pedestal surrounded by a ton of wonderful gifts. Peanut is loved by so many people. They all spoiled her! From adorable clothes to jumperoos and car seats, this baby will never go wanting. Everyone was so kind and generous! Just when you would think the presents were over, another was there. It was very sweet! :)
Now that my unborn child was officially spoiled, we got more goodies...CAKE!! This cake was the most delicious thing I've ever put in my mouth. I know, I've already devoured chocolate dipped everything, but this cake...MMMmm, DELISH! While we ate cake, there was one more gift that turned into a game.
The Memory Game.. Not so much a game that I can play and win since I have Pregnancy Brain. (You must read the next post to really understand) But in short, trying to remember anything is like trying to fit a square peg in a round opening. It's not going to happen! Diane and Ann brought out a Turtle Time Bath tub filled with great things a baby needs...bottles, booties, diapers, wipes, rattles, onesies, lotion, shampoo... you name it, it was in there. The girls had a minute to look through everything and then had to write it all down to win! To be honest, I don't remember who won this game...hhaha Isn't it IRONIC??
Last but not least, we had a diaper raffle. Guests brought diapers for a raffle tickets to win the parties grand prize! It was amazing to see all the diapers ranging from little tiny new born to one year old. And apparently, I was told that she'll go through most of them IMMEDIATELY. (10 a day or more...)Am I giving birth to a poop machine or a child...I'm still unsure? But, by the end of the arrivals, we had a mountain of diapers from everyone!
As far as baby showers go, this one was perfect. It was short, sweet and a good time. Everyone that came seemed to have a good time. I know how these things can be too, they drag on, games get repetitive and some what embarrassing...but this go around, it was great!
Thanks to everyone who helped put this together! Especially Ann and Diane, it was perfect! :)