6 months old...can you believe it? From the start of the 5th month, Kenadie has changed in amazing ways. From a constant chatter of Dadadada, which changed into a valiant ROOOAAARrrr and has now triumphantly morphed into the very first Mama, she is becoming more and more vocal everyday. Now, I will admit, Dadada and the roarrrr was like second nature. But "Mama" took a lot of time and practice to get the lip movement down, yet in the end, it was the best milestone (for me) thus far.
Along with the chatter has been a lot of movement. Wiggling the legs, moved to pushing up on her hands while playing on the belly which now is rolling over and the beginning of the army crawl. I won't lie though, I was a bit nervous for awhile. All those books on babies first years told me that she should have been rolling over at 3 months. As you may speculate that 3 months came and went pretty quickly. Then 4 months came... nothing. 5 months... 3 rolls within the course of the month. And then, over night she gained the gumption to become a little steam roller. Rolling and rolling everywhere she wanted to be. From there, she figured out that certain movements helped her to gain momentum to get other places. I suppose you can say it was a different means of transportation.
The Scoot...almost an army crawl. Lying on her belly, she wiggles her hips left and right eventually getting her to where she wants. Every now and then she'll throw in a roll to make it a bit easier. It's hard to believe that my little girl is 6 months and mobile... here come the gates on the stairs, plugs over the sockets and those darn latches on the toilet seat...
Just a few days ago I took Kenadie to the Disney Store where she got to pick out her favorite princess toy to buy. Yes, that's right, I spoil her. :) There were these adorable Disney Princess dolls all lined up, so Kenadie got to pick between Belle, Aurora, Snow White and my personal favorite, Cinderella. She scoped each one out for a moment and then reached for the spectacular CINDERELLA, Baby!!! That's my girl. What's funny is she LOVES this doll. When we got home, I put on the movie for her to watch and love just the way I did when I was a little girl. And that she did... loved it. When the little squeaky mice would sing she'd look over at me as if to say "Hey Mom, are you watching this? These things are hilarious!!"
With all this fun, we had to get down to more big girl stuff...Solid foods! I started with Rice cereal, moved to sweet potatoes, carrots and now she is eating squash. She cannot get enough of dinner time delights! I have to say, thus far, carrots are her favorite. She's like a baby bird waiting for worms with her little mouth open anticipating every bite. The only way I know she's done is when she takes a bite and then blows a raspberry. I learned quickly that I too needed a bib when she was eating. :)