5/14
Now that I am officially "BIG TIME" pregnant, I've had to give up the modesty. Ok...like I was ever really modest, but I did have personal space that could be violated. Yet, as I'm moving through the "Mommy in Training" steps of life I've come to realize that personal space is slowly disappearing. When I first announced I was pregnant and until just about the 5th month, people heard the news and still greeted you with a hug or a up and down glare as to say "Where's the fat ass that follows...?"
Now it's a whole new ball game. I don't even have to introduce myself and people come up to touch the belly and ask "How far along are you?" The first time this happened I stepped back in amazement and stared at the lady in shock that she was rubbing my belly. Do I look like the local Buddha? Do I have a sign over me that says "RUB MY BELLY FOR GOOD LUCK?" I'm guessing NOT! So please, don't touch unless I've at least known you for a millisecond. Don't get me wrong... I don't mind the belly being touched and rubbed by friends and family. It's kind of comforting that everyone loves Little Peanut so much already that they can't wait to get their hands on her. MORE BABYSITTERS FOR MOMMY AND DADDY!! :)